At Gold Standard Goldens we socialize your puppy starting at one week old up until eight weeks old. This is a brief overview of what we will be doing with your puppy each week. Please note this does not cover everything.
- Week 1 & 2: Your puppy will be handled, cuddled, picked-up and spoken to. We also run our fingers through the puppy's gums and paws. We will look in each puppy's ears(so they are familiar when the vet does this). Gold Standard Goldens will do all this until your puppy goes home.
- Week 3: Gold Standard Goldens starts introducing the puppies to noise (vacuum, hair dryer, trash bags, music, nature sounds like thunder, etc..). This continues until your puppy goes home at eight weeks old, with new items always being introduced.
- Week 4 & 5: Gold Standard Goldens introducing the puppies to "puppy mush". Your puppy is also Introduced to the crate, and housebreaking training begins. Your puppy has been watching mom use the doggie door, now he/she is ready to use it and explore the outdoors on his/her own!
- Week 6: Your puppy is now fully weaned from mom is on dry puppy food! Your puppy is introduced to car rides to help socialize your puppy, and help prevent car sickness. The litter goes to our vet this week. You also get to pick out your puppy this week!
- Week 7: Gold Standard Goldens will continue with potty training and will introduce new situations. Introduction to the leash will happen at this time.
- Week 8: Your puppy will join your family! Your puppy will go home with a full grooming and nail trim. You will be given a goodie bag with documents and goodies inside for your puppy!